ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Ant BuildFileTest [on Gump]
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:56:29 GMT
> Can you run the tests in Eclipse without the GUMP stuffage?

Not successfully. Like I said, it runs on commandline (as a normal ant task,
not inside the BuildFileTest).

> >[snip]
> >[That said, I suspect
> >BuildFileTest is spooling output (perhaps copious) to memory, so maybe
the
> >issue is there.]
>
> Unless you've changed the source, this class (specifically) should not
> spool much output. It does *CAPTURE* output to memory based string
> buffers, so if your tasks or the Ant runtime is going nuts, BuildFileTest
> will faithfully try to capture all of output for your subsequent
> examination.

I meant my output. My code is quite verbose (when in -debug). Hmm, I see
that somebody changed the configureProject to pass a second parameter of
Project.MSG_DEBUG. Hmm, let me start by turning that off, setting it to
INFO.

> As to the Ant-version mismatch. I don't think that's your problem.
> CurrentlyI use Ant 1.6.1 tests (based on BuildFileTest) with
> Eclipse 2.x (Ant 1.5.3) and have had no problems. It's all in the
> classpath configuration for your project/run configurations.

Ah the good old days of Eclipse 2.x. I moved to 3.x to attempt to get SVN
(subclipse) to work over HTTPS (for a repo not too far from here) and have
not had much fun since. :(

When I try to run it in Eclipse I get:

F:\data\OSS\depot-version\src\test\java\org\apache\depot\version\ant\availab
le\available.xml:18: taskdef class Tasks: cannot be found
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Taskdef2.addDefinition(Taskdef2.java:229)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Taskdef2.execute(Taskdef2.java:201)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement2.execute(UnknownElement2.java:203)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl2.parse(ProjectHelperImpl2.java
:146)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:91)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest.configureProject(BuildFileTest.java:207)
 at
org.apache.depot.version.ant.available.VersionAvailableTaskTest.setUp(Versio
nAvailableTaskTest.java:38)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:410)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:294)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:182)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Tasks:
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findClassInComponents(AntClassLoader.jav
a:1149)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findClass(AntClassLoader.java:1090)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.loadClass(AntClassLoader.java:960)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Taskdef2.addDefinition(Taskdef2.java:223)
 ... 18 more
--- Nested Exception ---
[...]

BTW: I do have Ant (CVS HEAD) as a dependent project. I don't know if this
overrides the Ant that Eclipse comes with. I was kinda hoping it would. BTW:
I used to be ablew to run w/ Ant 1.6(ish) when I used Eclipse 2.x.

regards

Adam