ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Ant BuildFileTest [on Gump]
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:15:32 GMT
I've seen one posting here about OutOfMemory, and I have no idea if this is
related, but I have a problem (see atached mail for more details) when I run
BuildFileTest unit tests inside a JUnit run by Ant on Gump. I can't seem to
test anything inside Eclipse, due to Ant version mismatches (I beleive), but
I can run the tests (outside of BuildFileTest, i.e. normal ant) on
commandline.

I added a memory check at setUp, at task construction, and at tear down --
to see if I were blowing a limit -- but (1) I don't apepar to be [I think]
and (2) interestingly I don't see the debug/log from the constructor
(although it is the only thing in that constructor). [That said, I suspect
BuildFileTest is spooling output (perhaps copious) to memory, so maybe the
issue is there.]

Any thoughts on how I debug this?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam

http://brutus.apache.org:8080/gump/depot/depot-version-test/gump_work/build_depot_depot-version-test.txt

    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 71.303 sec
    [junit] Testsuite:
org.apache.depot.version.ant.available.VersionAvailableTaskTest
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 71.303 sec
    [junit] ------------- Standard Output ---------------
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 2031616, Free: 1509800, Max: 66650112. @
setUp
    [junit] Ant Output:
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 2031616, Free: 1300624, Max: 66650112. @
Construct AvailableTask

    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 53272576, Free: 14293320, Max: 66650112. @
Tear Down
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 53272576, Free: 14289176, Max: 66650112. @
setUp
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 66650112, Free: 28101104, Max: 66650112. @
Tear Down
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 66650112, Free: 27992392, Max: 66650112. @
setUp
    [junit] Memory Info: Total: 66650112, Free: 15342784, Max: 66650112. @
Tear Down
    [junit] ------------- ---------------- ---------------

    [junit] Testcase: testExistence took 2.62 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testAbsence took 32.062 sec
    [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
    [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.depot.version.ant.available.VersionAvailableTaskTest.testAbsence(
VersionAvailableTaskTest.java:59)
    [junit] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [junit] 	at
)
    [junit] 	at
.java:25)
    [junit] Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    [junit] --- Nested Exception ---
    [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

    [junit] Testcase: testHigher took 36.506 sec
    [junit] 	Caused an ERROR
    [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.depot.version.ant.available.VersionAvailableTaskTest.testHigher(V
ersionAvailableTaskTest.java:64)