ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gary Eberhart" <g...@cmcflex.com>
Subject RE: Parsing Properties
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:59:58 GMT
FYI, The following worked great! The <for> task uses the macrodev, therefore
is hundreds of times faster than the <foreach> task. The <propertyregx> task
can parse anything your little heart desires!

<target name="test4">
  <for param="current.file">
    <path>
      <fileset dir="${web.content.dir}" />
    </path>
    <sequential>
      <echo message="processing file, @{current.file}" />
      <propertyregex property="partial.file.name"
        input=" @{current.file}
        regexp="Web Content\\([^*]*).*"
        select="\1"
        override="yes"
        casesensitive="false" />
      <echo message="partial file name, ${partial.file.name}" />
    </sequential>
  </for>
</target>

The above code outputs the following;
     [echo] processing file, C:\_project\eclipse\flex\Web
Content\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
     [echo] partial file name, META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
     [echo] processing file, C:\_project\eclipse\flex\Web
Content\WEB-INF\classes\JustToMakeTheFolderStay.class
     [echo] partial file name, WEB-INF\classes\JustToMakeTheFolderStay.class

Now I can use the partial file name to construct the paths I need.

Gary