ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Svensson \(Yahoo\)" <per_stefan_svens...@yahoo.se>
Subject RE: Tags containing hyphens (-)
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:21:25 GMT
Ok, thanx!

I guess I have to live with the warnings, as the tags are generated by
the
UML-tool I'm evaluating :-(

I'll mail them instead and see if they can replace the - with . or
something...

/ Stefan

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Chuck Daniels [mailto:cjd4@yahoo.com]
Skickat: den 2 juni 2004 02:29
Till: Ant Users List
Ämne: RE: Tags containing hyphens (-)

I just ran across the same problem a few days ago.  Unfortunately, it
looks as though a javadoc tag containing a dash will not work with the
javadoc tool.  If you look at the documentation for javadoc 1.4 you will
see that a dash is interpreted as a separator character with the -tag
command line option.  This is done so that a colon (:) can be used as
part of a tag name. However, this unwittingly prevents the use of a dash
(-) as part of a tag name.  What I have done is replace my dashes with
dots.  (See
file:///D:/apps/j2sdk1.4.2_04/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#tag).