ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Jackson" <thomas.jack...@qrowireless.net>
Subject Re: A Meaningful Fellowship Time and Wonderful Worship Opportunity
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:35:24 GMT
During the week beginning Saturday, June 16th and continuing through
Saturday, July 3rd, the General Assembly of the PCUSA meets in Richmond, VA.
The General Assembly (or GA, as it is commonly called) is the highest
governing body of our denomination.  It has traditionally met every year,
but after this year, it will only meet every other year.

In the past, GAs have been held in Charlotte, Portland, Albuquerque, New
Orleans, Denver, Louisville, and last year in Columbus, Ohio.  To have a GA
meeting so close to us provides a unique opportunity.  Each year, the
assembly has an opening worship service that is a wonderful worship
experience.  Because the opportunity may not "pass close nearby" to us for a
long time, the Steering Committee has hired a bus so we can all attend this
very meaningful service.  In it, over 250 missionaries are commissioned to
various countries to do the church's work in the world.  The preaching is
great, the music is wonderful and over 15,000 people attend.

Our plan is to depart by bus at 7:00 AM on Sunday, the 27th of June, drive
to Richmond for the 10:00 AM service at the Richmond Coliseum, and return
that same day, stopping for lunch and getting back home by about 3:00 that
same afternoon.  We will not be having worship services that day at the
Civitan Club, because we hope that all of you can attend.  Kids can go too,
because it will be great for them also.

Please give this opportunity your prayerful consideration and let me know by
Friday June 18th of your plans, either way, to attend so we may make the
proper arrangements.  The bus has toilet facilities, a TV/VCR and is
pleasant and comfortable.

If you wish, you may just check the choices below and return mail or e-mail
to me.

Peace and grace to you all,

Thomas Jackson

   _____

GA Worship Service

 	 I/we can go and there are _____ from my family who will attend.

 	 Sorry, I/we won't be able to participate.
 	 I can go but have questions, so please contact me.

---