ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Mark Bram <relaxed...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Pause Task?
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 15:28:08 GMT
Hi All!

I have a batch file that I would like to convert to an and build file.

It has a number of tasks that must be initialised consecutively, but
initialisation takes an arbitrary length of time to complete. Therefore my
batch file waits for the user to press a button between each task before
launching the next one. It uses "pause" to do this.

Is there a portable way to do this with ANT. I realise there is "waitfor"
but this will not work - because each of the consecutive tasks still runs
after initialisation.

The job actually starts a series of four server apps up.. in order. The
user has to wait for each one to initialise (and there be up and running)
before initialising the next one.

I also realise I could just have the user type in four ant commands.. but
I would like have a way to launch all four with one Target and user
intervention.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus