ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: How to change classpath for two targets of same build?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 16:07:11 GMT
On Fri, 28 May 2004, michael giroux <>

> Stefan, resolver.jar is only needed by the xmlvalidate task.  It
> allows me to specify that schema files are located on my local file
> system.

I know ;-)

>> <xmlvalidate> requires Xerces 2.6.2 and resolver.jar
> the task will work without resolver.jar,

OK, should have written "in order to work as you want it to".

>> Any idea why xslt interacts with resolver at all?
> I suspect that if the sax parser finds resolver.jar then it uses it.

Which shouldn't be a problem.  What kind of error message do you get?

> I'm not sure if there is a case for using resolver in an xslt task
> or not.

Sure there is.  You can use catalogs to resolve DTDs or system
entities inside the documents you intend to transform or the
stylesheet itself.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message