ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FilterSet NullPointerException with 1.6.1
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 09:29:24 GMT
On Mon, 3 May 2004, Ken Rider <Ken.Rider@intelliden.com> wrote:

> It turns out the problem was caused by an old hack to fix path
> separators for properties referring to directories on Windows. It
> probably hasn't been necessary for quite some time

About Ant 1.2, I'd guess.

> but had never caused a problem so it was still in our build
> file. I've attached a sample build file that illustrates the problem
> and the fix.

The problem probably is that your filter token with id
hack_user_install_dir is a different object than the one the script
task sees.  If you put the <script> after the <filterset> it is
probably going to work.

This is a side-effect of the delayed object instantiation new in Ant
1.6.x.

Stefan