ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: working with .NET/gcc tasks
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 06:50:16 GMT
On Mon, 24 May 2004, Neta Bar Tal <NETAB@amdocs.com> wrote:

> I want to convert all my c++/.NET builds to work with ANT.

If you want to do anything more fancy than compile a few C++ files (in
which case <apply> may be fine), I'd highly recommend looking into
Ant-Contrib's stuff that you've already been pointed to.

For your .NET builds, it depends on a few factors.  There are some
built-in tasks <http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/dotnet.html>
that may or may not do what you want.

If you decide that you need more than Ant offers (NUnit, for example),
I'd recommend that you look into NAnt for now.

<shameless-plug>I've written a small Ant task library that among other
things contains a NAnt task so that you could mix NAnt and Ant inside
a single Ant build file.  It desperately needs testing. See
<http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/stories/101301/>.</shameless-plug>

Stefan