ant-user mailing list archives

From Darin Swanson <>
Subject Out of memory with javac
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 00:43:27 GMT
Ant 1.6.1

Running the same buildfile I am seeing different results for using javac
depending on the javac executable I am using.

<javac fork="true" debug="on" memoryinitialsize="200m"
memorymaximumsize="200m" destdir="testingBin" classpath=...>

Using a 1.4.2 JDK install,  I always run out of memory when the task is
forked and I set memory attributes....and it is not that big of a build.
[javac] The system is out of resources.
[javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
[javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Using a 1.3.1 JDK install, exact same buildfile, no out of memory.

It is almost like the -J options passed to the 1.4.2 javac.exe are

Is this a known issue? I searched bugzilla but found nothing new enough to
be relevant
Is this just dumb user error :-) ?