ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard_Lan...@capgroup.com
Subject RE: Using nested fileset in custom ant task
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 19:33:52 GMT

This is the first time I have attempted to use fileset (and eventually
filterset and filterchain) in my own custom task.
here is the actual code. The log(String) method is from the Task base
class; calling it from the default constructor works fine.

/* WORK IN PROGRESS */
  private Vector filesets=new Vector();
  public void addFileset(FileSet set) {
      log("addFileset");
      filesets.addElement(set);
  }
Is there something missing.

                      Dominique

                      Devienne                 To:       "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>

                      <DDevienne@lgc.co        cc:       (bcc: Richard Landon/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)

                      m>                       Subject:  RE: Using nested fileset in custom
ant task

                      05/06/2004 12:19

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Ant Users List"

> From: Richard_Landon@capgroup.com [mailto:Richard_Landon@capgroup.com]
>
> I don't seem to be able to get the use of nested fileset (or other) types
> to work. I defined the addFileset(FileSet) method and add a nested
fileset
> into my custom
> task.
> <myTask verbose="true">
>    <fileset dir="./files">
>       <include name="data.txt">
>    </fileset>
> </myTask>
> I log the entry into add addFileset(FileSet), it never runs. What's up?

Is the signature really "public void addFileset(FileSet fs)" ?

Or it could also be your log statement that gets lost. --DD