ant-user mailing list archives

From michael.gir...@objectweb.org
Subject xmlcatalog example for schema
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 15:32:31 GMT
Does anyone have a working example of using xmlcatalog with an xmlvalidate
task?

I have searched the ANT docs, and every xmlcatalog related bit of info I
can find on the web, but I don't seem to be able to get xmlvalidate to
accept my document.

I'm using Ant 1.6.1.  I'm trying to construct a target that generates an
XML file, then uses xmlvalidate to make sure it is correctly generated.
I'm starting with some known valid xml files trying to get the xmlvalidate
to run without errors, but so far, I keep getting an error from the
validation.  I am not getting any complaints about the xmlcatalog, so it
is not obvious if it is specified correctly and not being used, or it is
specified incorrectly, and hence, not matching as I expect it to.

Thanks
Michael Giroux

I'm trying to use the following task:

<xmlvalidate failonerror="no" lenient="no" warn="yes"
 file='${dist.dir}/jonas-${j2ee.dd}'>
<attribute name="http://xml.org/sax/features/validation" value="true"/>
<attribute name="http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema"  value="true"/>
<xmlcatalog>
 <catalogpath>
   <pathelement location="${basedir}/xmlcatalog.xml"/>
 </catalogpath>
</xmlcatalog>
</xmlvalidate>

xmlcatalog.xml is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UFT-8"?>
<catalog>
  <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.objectweb.org/jonas/ns"
    rewritePrefix="file:///C:/GIROUX/JOnAS/TCK_DD_Porting_Tool/JOnAS_XSD_Modified"
    />
</catalog>