ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Daniels" <c...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Online API
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 01:26:34 GMT

Exactly.  If I generate javadocs for my own project that link to other
javadocs (Ant javadocs in this case), I don't want my links to the Ant
javadocs to point locally.  Doing so is not portable, as it requires not
only that everybody who uses my javadocs to have Ant javadocs installed
locally, but also installed in the same directory.  Neither requirement is
reasonable to expect, which is why pointing to javadocs online is best
practice.  The web urls works for everybody, everywhere (assuming you have
an Internet connection).