ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: How to create paths that depend on a condition?
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 16:20:17 GMT
> From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol2@pivolis.com]
> With this solution, there is no need to do "if" to build each project.
> Combined with Ant 1.6 import/macrodef/presetDef the individual build.xml
> should also be quite empty.
>
> Any take on this?

Well, that's certainly a possibility, but don't you still need a top-level
build that delegates to the sub-builds conditionally, and still needs to
checks for the various j2ee versions? Otherwise the user has to manually go
in the appropriate directories and run the builds, no? That's putting the
burden on the user to know what needs to be built.

So it seems to me that with either layout, you still need the conditional,
either to decide which sub-builds to kick off, or which source directories
to compile. Your new layout is likely more flexible if you'll do more than
just partition your sources, and have specific tests, resources, etc...

I hope this helps. Salut, --DD