ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Ant/WinZip/WEB-INF/WAR
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 16:18:15 GMT
Um, Ant doesn't use WinZip. The problem is that so many people look at their archives with
it and conclude that something is wrong.

The definitive way to view the contents of your archive is with jar tf <filename>.

How are you building the WAR file? Can you share a fragment of your build.xml?

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Ward [mailto:kevin@kevinandliz.com]
Sent: 18 May 2004 17:15
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ant/WinZip/WEB-INF/WAR

After searching online I know this is a persistent problem for Windows users
-- lower- vs. upper-case WEB-INF directories using the Ant WAR task. I have
changed the setting in WinZip and am still unable to hot deploy to Tomcat
without the "Missing application web.xml" message.

My question is: Why does Ant use WinZip and not the native Java Zip
libraries? Is there a way to configure Ant so that it does not use WinZip?

Thanks,

Kevin