ant-user mailing list archives

From "Neta Bar Tal" <NE...@Amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Out of memory with javac
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 04:21:43 GMT

Hi Darin,
Did you try to run ant with ANT_OPTS set to something like: -Xms1024m
-Xmx1024m
When you pass the flags  memorymaximumsize and memoryinitialsize it is
only used when you set the compiler to run on new JVM and
Is deprecated when you use your default javac.

netaB

-----Original Message-----
From: Darin Swanson [mailto:Darin_Swanson@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday: May 25: 2004 3:43 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Out of memory with javac

Ant 1.6.1

Running the same buildfile I am seeing different results for using javac
depending on the javac executable I am using.

<javac fork="true" debug="on" memoryinitialsize="200m"
memorymaximumsize="200m" destdir="testingBin" classpath=...> </javac>

Using a 1.4.2 JDK install,  I always run out of memory when the task is
forked and I set memory attributes....and it is not that big of a build.
[javac] The system is out of resources.
[javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
[javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Using a 1.3.1 JDK install, exact same buildfile, no out of memory.

It is almost like the -J options passed to the 1.4.2 javac.exe are
ignored?

Is this a known issue? I searched bugzilla but found nothing new enough
to be relevant Is this just dumb user error :-) ?

TIA
Darins

Thank you.