ant-user mailing list archives

From "Artemis Ozten" <aoz...@webalg.com>
Subject Can not get <chmod> task change file access in LINUX
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 17:23:09 GMT

I am using Ant version 1.6.1.

Here is the syntax I am using:

<chmod dir="${distribution.arb.dir}" includes="*.sh" perm="ug+rx" />

I also used:

<exec dir="${distribution.arb.dir}" executable="chmod">
          <arg line="ug+rx"/>
          <arg line="runAsyncServer.sh"/>
</exec>

I even tried to run it from telnet task:

<telnet userid="${distribution.userid}" server="${remote.server}"
password="${distribution.passwd}" >
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="cd ${distribution.arb.dir}" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="tar  -xf arb.tar " />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="dtu runAsyncServer.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="dtu changeAppServerUrl.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="dtu start_arb.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="dtu stop.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="dtu asc.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
          <write string="chmod 775 *.sh" />
          <read timeout="60">]: </read>
        </telnet>

Nothing works!

When I call a shell script that uses the "chmod" command from an ANT
target, then it works.

Thanks for any feedback.
This e-mail may contain confidential, proprietary information on
DealerTrack.com, Inc.  It is intended solely for the name recipient(s)
listed above and should be maintained in strictest confidence.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
at and delete this information from your computer and destroy any
related paper copies.

.