ant-user mailing list archives

From "Artemis Ozten" <aoz...@webalg.com>
Subject RE: Ant's FTP task & library dependencies
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 19:52:05 GMT

2) The two above jars are not officially listed as
library dependencies for FTP task ->
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html.
So, what should I do? Scrap the above two jars and
stick with the official libraries such as jakarta's
ORO etc.?

Yes. In order to make ftp and telnet tasks work, download
commons-net.-1.2.0 and jakarta-oro-2.0.8 and copy commons-net.-1.2.0.jar
and jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar to ANT_HOME/lib folder. These binaries are
found at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi.

Remove the older ones from ANT_HOME/lib. If necessary upgrade your ant
to 1.6.1 or higher. This is the version I got working with the libraries
mentioned above.

4) Actually, I removed the two above jars from
classpath and started experimenting with
commons-net-1.2.1.jar & FTP.class, but getting errors
running it. Any sample Ant code to show how to make
<ftp> work? Any <taskdef> needed?

Keep using the <taskdef> you have been using.