ant-user mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <dkavan...@gmail.com>
Subject <hotswap> target
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 11:55:15 GMT
I've developed an ant target that can hotswap classes on a running VM.
I talked about this on the dev list a while back and this
implementation is a result of those conversations. It integrates
nicely with other ant components. Visit this URL to read more and
download the jar(s).
http://home.rochester.rr.com/dak/hotswap.html

There is a hotswap.jar and a jar for a date selector patch. If you run
ant 1.6.1, use both jars. If you have a newer nightly build (or off
CVS directly), you should al ready have the date selector patch.

This target will only work on jdk 1.4 or higher. For that reason, it
can't be included in ant itself (since ant 1.6.x needs to run on 1.2.2
or higher).
I've used this task to swap into a large Swing client app and into a
weblogic app (using the Sun JVM).

Give it a try!

Thanks,
David