ant-user mailing list archives

From Juraj.Lenhar...@t-systems.com
Subject CVS checkout restrictions ?
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 09:15:33 GMT
Hello,

I have the following problem. My application consists of some Modules. Each module also has
dependencies to other modules. So my structure looks like this (example):

App:
	M1
	M2
	M3

M1:
	M2
	M3

M2:	M3

and so on....

If I build the whole application I checkout M1-3 to my dist-folder and run the build of each
module. Each module also checks out the own dependencies into the own dist-folders a.s.o.
For example:

M1:
|------------- dist
	      | ----------- M2
			|----------- dist
				|---------------M3

With 2 hierarchies everythink is workin fine. But on my 3'rd hierarchy I get the exception:

[null] cvs checkout: cannot write Modules/Commons/src/app/com/tsystems/ik/ejb/transformer/service/MessageTransformerFactoryService.java:
No such file or directory

and the file is not checked out. On other above hierachies this file is checked out. So I
am not able to build the last module and my whole build failes. I looked on the number of
tokens I have in my path (with the file name) and the count is 252. Is there a restriction
on the count of tokens? Could this be a ANT Cvs-task problem or a general CVS client problem?
I am using ANT 1.6.0 and cygwin/eclipse.

Thanks,
Juraj