ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Automating Build and Testing process
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 05:57:01 GMT
All should be doable with Ant ... and some coding :-)

I think there is no problem in step 1-4.

For step 4+5 you should run a SSH server on your test machine
(Linux/Windows). So you can
- step 4:  use <scp> to copy the files to the machine
- step 5:  use <sshexec> to start the installation (Linux and Windows in
<parallel>)
  So you don´t have to do that manually
    "then manually you have to again run an ant command which will execute
these
    ABCwin32.exe and  ABClinux.bin on there respective client m/c's and will

    install the product on the client."

To check whether the installation is complete your installer should write a
log file which
you can check for existence/parse.

I don´t know Robot, but maybe you can run the scripts in unattended mode. So
you could try
simple <exec> here :-)

Now the whole process is completely batch oriented you could run it
unattended. Next step
would be investigating on continous integration. E.g. with CruiseControl,
Gump, Cron, ...

... just thoughts

Jan