ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <john-mason.shackelf...@pearson.com>
Subject RE: Maven style dependency list in Ant
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 11:16:24 GMT
Jens,

Thanks for sharing this! Hear at Pearson we are working on a related
project: basically an ant version of Maven's reactor capability, but without
some of the Maven's limitations. Combined with the subant task we expect
this to greatly improve builds of large projects which include many
subcomponents. I hope to have more info to you soon.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
john-mason.shackelford@pearson.com
http://etest.ncspearson.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Riboe
To: Ant Users List
Sent: 5/5/2004 2:40 AM
Subject: Maven style dependency list in Ant

Hi,

I've recently jumped off the Maven band-wagon, because it imposes too
much
extra work every time one has do something non-standard, etc... more
reasons...

Anyway, there are indeed some good thoughts in it, IMHO, and I which to
continue
use these in Ant. I really appreciate the dependency/download idea and
the report/site
generation support.

I bite the bullet and hacked a dependency list Ant task.
Here is a snippet showing what you can do

<dependencylist dir="${build.dir}/cache">
    <repositorylist>
        <localrepository dir="${repo.dir}"/>
        <mavenrepository url="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/"/>
    </repositorylist>

    <dependency>
        <id>JakartaBeanUtils</id>
        <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
        <version>1.6.1</version>
        <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/</url>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <id>foo</id>
        <groupId>com.ribomation</groupId>
        <artifactId>foobar</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencylist>

More info can be found at
        http://www.ribomation.com/riboutils/DependencyList/

Comments/suggestions/complaints are welcome.

BTW. I still use Maven's report/site generation, and will continue that,

until I either find
an Ant task with similar capability or implemented my own. Anyone
knowing about ongoing
effort to mimic report/site generation in Ant?

Cheers,
    Jens Riboe
    jens.riboe@ribomation.com

 <<ATT455609.txt>>