ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject RE: <javadoc>'s <tag> for JDK 1.4+
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 22:57:06 GMT
With Ant 1.6.1 <javadoc> does spooge warnings if a tag is
used where it's not supposed to be. <javadoc> doesn't actually
stop the build though.

If I've got something like:
  <tag name=".call" scope="types" description="Callability:"/>

And I use it inside a constructor's comments. I get this:
   [javadoc] TheFile.java:92: warning - Tag @.call cannot be used
             in constructor documentation.  It can only be used
             in the following types of documentation: class/interface.

So I think it's fixed no?
My environment: Windoze, Sun JDK 1.4.2_02, Ant 1.6.1, Cygwin

At 06:32 PM 5/18/2004, you wrote:
> > From: Wascally Wabbit [mailto:wascallywabbit@earthling.net]
> >
> > It must've been. I use scoped tags w/ 1.6.1 and everything
> > works as expected.
> >
> > At 06:08 PM 5/18/2004, you wrote:
> > >Unless I'm mistaken, Ant (1.6.0) doesn't output the scope information
> > >specified in the <tag> nested element of <javadoc>!? If I use:
> > >

>Well, it works for me too... It's just that it defaults to allowing the
>custom tags in *all* Javadoc comments, instead of just the ones there's
>supposed to be in (as defined in the 'scope' attribute of <tag>). So you
>never get warnings for custom tags which could be in the wrong doc
>comment...
>
>Try running with -verbose, and look at the command Ant is executing to know
>for sure if it correctly passes the tags' scopes. --DD

The Wabbit