ant-user mailing list archives

From Ant User <antu...@softhome.net>
Subject Cannot use CVS with Ant
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 04:18:17 GMT
Hi,
      I have a build file which uses CVS. The JAVA Source files are
stored in CVS. When i try to check out the SourceFiles using the
following TAG

<cvs command="-rtt checkout "
cvsRoot=":pserver:username@cvsServerName:/Data/cvs"
dest="${CheckoutFolder}"  package=" project" tag=" ${project_TAG}"
failonerror="true"/>

I get the following error

        cvs exited with error code -1
        Command line was [Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
        '-d:pserver:username@cvsServerName:/Data/cvs'
        '-rtt'
        'checkout'
        '-r Tag_1_2_3_45'
        'project'

        The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
        not part of the command.

The CVS executable is in the path. The CVS root environment variable is
also set.

In fact if i give the following command in the Shell,

    cvs -d:pserver:username@cvsServerName:/Data/cvs -rtt checkout -r
Tag_1_2_3_45 project

the checkout works just fine.

I am using SunOS 5.8, with Ant 1.6.1, java version is 1.2.2 and the
version of CVS binary is Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.7
(client/server)

Any help or suggestions will be welcomed

Thanking you in Advance