ant-user mailing list archives

From Jens Riboe <jens.ri...@ribomation.com>
Subject Maven style dependency list in Ant
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 07:40:58 GMT
Hi,

I've recently jumped off the Maven band-wagon, because it imposes too much
extra work every time one has do something non-standard, etc... more
reasons...

Anyway, there are indeed some good thoughts in it, IMHO, and I which to
continue
use these in Ant. I really appreciate the dependency/download idea and
the report/site
generation support.

I bite the bullet and hacked a dependency list Ant task.
Here is a snippet showing what you can do

<dependencylist dir="${build.dir}/cache">
    <repositorylist>
        <localrepository dir="${repo.dir}"/>
        <mavenrepository url="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/"/>
    </repositorylist>

    <dependency>
        <id>JakartaBeanUtils</id>
        <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
        <version>1.6.1</version>
        <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/</url>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <id>foo</id>
        <groupId>com.ribomation</groupId>
        <artifactId>foobar</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencylist>

More info can be found at
        http://www.ribomation.com/riboutils/DependencyList/

Comments/suggestions/complaints are welcome.

BTW. I still use Maven's report/site generation, and will continue that,
until I either find
an Ant task with similar capability or implemented my own. Anyone
knowing about ongoing
effort to mimic report/site generation in Ant?

Cheers,
    Jens Riboe
    jens.riboe@ribomation.com