ant-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Evan P" <evan.p.tay...@lmco.com>
Subject Problem downloading files using the ftp "get" task
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 17:08:46 GMT

I cannot get the optional ftp "get" task to work.  I'm running Ant 1.6.1 on
Windows 2000 and I'm communicating with an SGI running Irix 6.5.
"commons-net-1.2.1.jar" and "jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar" are located in the "lib"
directory of my Ant installation.  The ftp "send" and telnet tasks are
executing successfully.

The ftp "get" task is specified as follows:
  <target name="transferCppFromSgi" >
    <ftp action="get"
         server="my.sgi.address"
         userid="myid"
         password="mypwd"
         depends="no"
         verbose="yes"
         binary="yes"
         remotedir="/usr1/css/tayloep/CSS_Depot/css/cpp"

      <fileset dir="C:\swDepot\jsf_css\CSS_Depot\css\cpp"
followsymlinks="true" includes="**/*" />
    </ftp>
  </target>

The directory specified as the "dir" attribute of the "fileset" element is
an existing directory on my local machine.  The directory specified as the
"remotedir" attribute of the "ftp" element is an existing directory on the
remote machine containing many files and directories.  I believe this is the
correct specification seeing as how the manual reads as follows:

"Getting files from an FTP server works pretty much the same way as sending
them does. The only difference is that the nested filesets use the remotedir
attribute as the base directory for the files on the FTP server, and the dir
attribute as the local directory to put the files into."

The output from Ant with debug on appears as follows:
transferCppFromSgi:
      [ftp] Opening FTP connection to my.sgi.address
      [ftp] connected
      [ftp] logging in to FTP server
      [ftp] login succeeded
      [ftp] changing the remote directory
      [ftp] getting files
Could not load a dependent class
(com/sun/media/jai/codec/FileSeekableStream) for type image
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type sshexec
Could not load a dependent class (com/jcraft/jsch/UserInfo) for type scp
Could not load class (org.apache.tools.ant.tasksdefs.cvslib.CvsVersion) for
type cvsversion
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stlist
Could not load a dependent class (jdepend/xmlui/JDepend) for type jdepend
Could not load a dependent class (junit/framework/TestListener) for type
junit
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stcheckin
Could not load a dependent class (com/starbase/starteam/Item) for type
stcheckout
fileset: Setup scanner in dir C:\swDepot\jsf_css\CSS_Depot\css\cpp with
patternSet{ includes: [**/*] excludes: [] }
      [ftp] 0 files retrieved
      [ftp] disconnecting

To me, the third to last line makes it sound like the file scanner is
looking at the local machine as opposed to the remote machine.  This posting
is similar to Adam Jack's post on 06/30/02, "FTP Downloading", to which
there was no reply.

Thank you for your help.