ant-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Reed <revjordanreed-...@yahoo.com>
Subject replaceregexp - Speed Issues
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 22:01:53 GMT
I'm generating a large collection of files (thousands) in an ant build process
and then I need to regex replace the files with five different regexs.

I am currently using fix calls to replaceregexp to do the replacement.  The
problem is that to process all of these files is very slow each time.  The task
doesn't seem to care if the files have been regenerated or not since the last
run,  so even if only one file has changed, all few thousand get reprocessed by
all the expressions.

Can anyone recommend a way of speeding this up?

-jdr