ant-user mailing list archives

From Mahdad Zarafshan <mahd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant's FTP task & library dependencies
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 19:13:31 GMT
Hello,

So far, I have always used the following two jars (as
the library dependencies) to make Ant's FTP task work.
They are:
1) iftp_ant-1.1.2.jar from
http://oss.ipov.org/files/iftp-ant/iftp_ant-1.1.2.zip
2) NetComponents.jar from
http://www.savarese.org/oro/downloads/NetComponents-1.3.8.zip

The URLs used to work. Recently, I noticed that the
first URL is broken and even seems that the whole web
site oss.ipov.org is gone with no other replacement on
the web !! (I searched the web for any substitute of
oss.ipov.org but could not find anything).

My questions:

1) Any idea what happened to oss.ipov.org and any
replacement for that? Is this website unsupported from
now on and unaccounted for?

2) The two above jars are not officially listed as
library dependencies for FTP task ->
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html.
So, what should I do? Scrap the above two jars and
stick with the official libraries such as jakarta's
ORO etc.? Or should I keep using the two above jars
although they're not official.

3) If switching to jakarta's ORO is recommended, could
you please mention which exact jars I need and which
URL to download it from?

4) Actually, I removed the two above jars from
classpath and started experimenting with
commons-net-1.2.1.jar & FTP.class, but getting errors
running it. Any sample Ant code to show how to make
<ftp> work? Any <taskdef> needed?

Thanks so much.

Mahdad