ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Call a class with params from ANT
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 08:15:40 GMT
Hello Milan,

Here is a real snippet of invoking class via ant
        <java
classname="bg.unisofia.emaria.util.DBCreatorRunner"
fork="yes" failonerror="true">
            <classpath>
                <path refid="project.classpath"/>
                <path refid="test.classpath"/>
                <pathelement
location="${project.classes}"/>
            </classpath>
            <arg
value="http://localhost:8080/${project.name}/ServletTestRunner?suite=bg.unisofia.emaria.util.DBCreator"/>
            <arg file="${test.output.file}"/>
        </java>

This class requires two parameters which I pass them
to the class with <arg> attribute of <javac> task. All
other attribues this snippet is using are described
here:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/java.html

Hope this helps
Ivan

P.S. You can run with java command and hence with ant
<java> task only classes that have main method. You
are mentioning that your class' contrucor requires 2
params. So you must pass the two params to the main
method and you call the constructor with them. I
suppose you know this and i explain it just in case