ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: out of memory with javac
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 13:50:29 GMT
Hello CR,
can you say how many java files you work with? Are
they really so many?
As for yor shell command
javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java,
I think that *.java will take only the java files in
the current dir and not all files in the package
hieararchy and thus the shell command will compile
only a part of the sources. Of course this is not an
answer to your problem. I also saw that you are using
executable="${was4.home}/java/bin/javac"
Can you try without it?

Ivan

--- chandrasekar.ravoori@polaris.co.in wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following is a code snippet from my build file
>    <javac
>                         fork="true"
>                         memoryMaximumSize="1000m"
>
> executable="${was4.home}/java/bin/javac"
>                         tempdir="${basedir}/TEMP"
>                 srcdir="${basedir}/APP/SOURCES"
> destdir="
> ${basedir}/APP/CLASSES" >
>                 <classpath >
>                 <path refid="build.classpath" />
>                 </classpath>
>         </javac>
>
> This task fails with an out-of-memory exception.
> However, the equivalent command on the shell prompt
> works without a hitch -
> javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java.
> I have even tried the following alternatives
> 1. Running javac within the Ant JVM ( fork = "false"
> )  and setting the
> maximum heap size via ANT_OPTS.
> 2. Running javac using the exec task and specifying
> the heap size as the
> argument(-J-mx2000000000).
>
> Nothing works; I am frankly at my wits' end. Is
> forking the problem here?
> Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,