ant-user mailing list archives

From Liam Howlett <lia...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject manifest (and other task passing) passing to subants
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 13:47:48 GMT
Hey,

	I was wondering if there was a way to import the same manifest block to
each subant call you make?  I was looking at using the import task, but
because the mainfest entity would not be at the top level (ie: within a
task such as jar), this is impossible.  I don't think importing the
properties from a properties file would work unless I could overwrite
the manifest properties somehow.

	The only way I could see to do this would be to use a plug-in but I
didn't want to write a plug-in to import the manifest because I want the
file to be easily editable.  I would assume the same structure could be
used to pass other portions of code between subant calls.

	I would like the manifest to have a default value for each subant call,
but still be able to overwrite the manifest if the user so desires.

	Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
Liam