ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmass...@pivolis.com>
Subject How to create paths that depend on a condition?
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 08:40:45 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to create a <path> that depends on some property being defined
or not. This is for putting inside the <javac> task. I cannot find the
right combination. Here's what I'd like to do:

    <javac [...]>
      <src>
        <pathelement location="${src.test.dir}/share-12-13-14"/>
---> start here
        <dirset dir="${src.test.dir}/share-13-14">
          <and>
            <depth max="0"/>
            <or>
              <selector if="j2ee13.available"/>
              <selector if="j2ee14.available"/>
            </or>
          </and>
        </dirset>
---> stop here

The problem is that in order to use a selector (which has a "if"
attribute), I need to use direst. However dirset lists all directories
below a base dir. Hence the reason why I've tried using a max <depth> of
0.

When I run this I get a "duplicate class" error:

    [javac]
E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\framework\src\test\share-13-14\org\apache\cactus\T
estAll.java:32:
duplicate class: org.apache.cactus.TestAll
    [javac] public class TestAll
    [javac]        ^
    [javac]
E:\Dev\jakarta-cactus\framework\src\test\share-13-14\org\apache\cactus\e
xtension\jetty\T
estJettyTestSetup.java:40: duplicate class:
org.apache.cactus.extension.jetty.TestJettyTestSetup
    [javac] public class TestJettyTestSetup extends TestCase
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] 2 errors

I think it's because some directories are added several times. Not sure
why though.

Is there a simpler way to achieve this? (it sounds very complex)

I'm using Ant 1.6.1.

Thanks
-Vincent