ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ha, Thai" <>
Subject Any Ant task to find the location of a jar file from a class name ??
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 07:30:13 GMT

 Hi all,

 I'm using Ant and I have a problem with getting location of tools.jar in my
build.xml. Are there any Ant task to find the location of a jar file from a
class name in that jar file? (something like happyaxis.jsp in Axis project)
In my build.xml, I want to precompile my JSP pages (using weblogic.jspc) and
give it the location of tools.jar (which Ant is using). But I don't know how
to do that. Below is the snippet from the build.xml  file:

    <java classname="weblogic.jspc"
        <pathelement location="${tools.jar}/"/> <!-- How to get???-->
        <path refid="weblogic.class.path"/>
        <pathelement location="${temp.dir}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
        <fileset dir="${temp.dir}/WEB-INF/lib">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
      <arg value="-compileAll"/>
      <arg line="-compilerclass"/>
      <arg value="-d"/>
      <arg file="${temp.dir}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
      <arg value="-depend"/>
      <arg value="-webapp"/>
      <arg file="${temp.dir}"/>
      <arg value="-k"/>