ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mani G. Iyer" <i...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: uptodate question
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 22:36:25 GMT
Audrey:
Is it possible that you are seeing the modified times in seconds only?
Could it be that the milliseconds might still be more recent on the .sql
files?
Thanks
Mani

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrey Grishin [mailto:AGrishin@everest-jsc.com.ua]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:00 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: uptodate question

Hi!
I use <uptodate> tag to compare timestamps of sql files in two
direcories

   <target name="checkUptodate">
      <property name="src" location="../backup/db"/>
      <property name="target" location="db"/>
      <uptodate property="checkUptodate.dbUptodate">
         <srcfiles dir="${src}" includes="*.sql" />
         <mapper type="glob" from="*.sql" to="${target}/*.sql"/>
      </uptodate>
      <echo message="checkUptodate.dbUptodate result:
${checkUptodate.dbUptodate}" />
  </target>

${checkUptodate.dbUptodate} is true is sql files in target directory are
more recent OR HAVE THE SAME timestamp as those in source directory.
Ant documentation says that: "By default, the value of the property is
set to true if the timestamp of the target file(s) is more recent than
the timestamp of the corresponding source file(s)."

Can I have <uptodate> tag returning "false" is timestamps are equal?

I use Ant 1.6.1 on Linux RedHat 8.0, J2SDK 1.4.0_01

Thanks in advance, Andrey Grishin.