ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Multiple directory existence checking
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 16:11:56 GMT
Oops, sorry, I missed the fact that you had a varying number of relative
directories that were only known at execution time. I don't know how to
handle that.

In that case, I guess you'll have to use the solution posted by Peter
Reilly. (I hope his solution is tested and not just theoretical; I haven't
seen his post yet myself, just Dominique's reply to it, so I don't know if
his post says that it has been tested or not.)

I'm curious to know why you would want a compile to be dependent on the
existence of a varying number of directories though. In 20+ years of systems
work I've never seen a requirement quite like that.

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel Sebastien (BIL)" <Sebastien.Noel@dexia-bil.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 11:24 AM
Subject: RE: Multiple directory existence checking

Many thanks to you both. But Rhino, I need your posting of the real
technique because I tried myself with the theory you explained.. but in
vain.
Dominique, your solution is nice for a static list.. as for my directory
list. I don't know the number of directory (one to many).. tus i need a
dynamical solution based on my list : dirName1:dirName2:dirName3 ..... (i
may add that this semicolon separator is recognized by the javac Ant task).

I am patient...