ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Multiple directory existence checking
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 15:11:13 GMT

I'll post the technique.

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel Sebastien (BIL)" <Sebastien.Noel@dexia-bil.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 10:12 AM
Subject: Multiple directory existence checking

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list. I did not find the solution to my problem in the FAQ
or archive. It is : how to check the existence of several directories using
a base root directory and relative paths.

<target name="checkSources">
  <property name="rootDirectory" value="/PROD/ant/workingDir/"/> <!-- is the
root directory -->
  <property name="webJavaCompileFrom"
value="relativeDir1:relativeDir2:relativeDir2"/> <!-- relativeDirN is a
directory containing Java source. It is a relative path. Thus rootDirectory
+ relativeDirN is an absolute path to the dircetory -->
  <!-- HOW TO use available task -->
</target>

<!-- Here i would like to compile Java source only if
$rootDirectory/relativeDir1 AND $rootDirectory/relativeDir2 AND
$rootDirectory/relativeDir3 ALL exist. Namely how to set the
"sourcesPresent" used below -->
<target name="webJavaCompile" depends="checkSources" if="sourcesPresent">
 <javac srcdir="${webJavaCompileFrom}" destdir="${webJavaCompileTo}"/>
</target>

Thank you in advance.

S├ębastien