ant-user mailing list archives

From "Pawanraj Sadhwani" <pawan...@elitecore.com>
Subject RE: out of memory with javac
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 13:45:23 GMT
hi chandra

how many files are you compiling?

try increasing the Memory size of ant process by using -Xmx in the ant.sh
file.

HTH
Pawan

-----Original Message-----
From: chandrasekar.ravoori@polaris.co.in
[mailto:chandrasekar.ravoori@polaris.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 7:09 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: out of memory with javac

Hi,

The following is a code snippet from my build file
   <javac
                        fork="true"
                        memoryMaximumSize="1000m"
                        executable="${was4.home}/java/bin/javac"
                        tempdir="${basedir}/TEMP"
                srcdir="${basedir}/APP/SOURCES" destdir="
${basedir}/APP/CLASSES" >
                <classpath >
                <path refid="build.classpath" />
                </classpath>
        </javac>

This task fails with an out-of-memory exception.
However, the equivalent command on the shell prompt works without a hitch -
javac -J-mx1000000000 -d $TEMP_SOURCE *.java.
I have even tried the following alternatives
1. Running javac within the Ant JVM ( fork = "false" )  and setting the
maximum heap size via ANT_OPTS.
2. Running javac using the exec task and specifying the heap size as the
argument(-J-mx2000000000).

Nothing works; I am frankly at my wits' end. Is forking the problem here?
Any help would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
CR