ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant build stalls in Javadocs
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:35:47 GMT
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004, Jack J. Woehr <jax@purematrix.com> wrote:

> Just a weird one I've been experiencing for some time on Solaris 8
> and Solaris 9 with various levels of the JDK. Javadoc hangs building
> the Ant javadocs.

It is probably waiting for the forked process to finish.  Is there
another Java process left when Ant is hanging (i.e. more than one Java
VM?).

> Then when I re-run build.sh install, it goes right on through and
> installs everything.

Ant's own build-file compares the timestamps of some generated files
with the sources.  It finds the generated javadocs and probably skips
the task completely on the second run.

Stefan