ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xmlvalidate task and external catalogs
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:20:11 GMT
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Jeremy Aston <jez@pigbite.com> wrote:

> I beleive the declarations to be correct but I could quite easily be
> wrong!

Could you try a few things, please:

(1) Move your catalog definition into the task.  There have been bugs
with using <xmlcatalog refid="..."/> and I'm not convinced that we've
fixed all of them.

(2) Move the resolver jar into ANT_HOME/lib - or simply use
ant -lib path/to/resolver.jar - so that it ends up on Ant's default
CLASSPATH.  I don't think that the nested <classpath> of <xmlvalidate>
will be used to look up the resolver.  In particular in combination
with (1) I'm almost sure that the classpath doesn't have any effect
since the resolver will be searched for in your <xmlcatalog>
definition that doesn't ever see you <classpath>.

Stefan