ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How many users of Ant are there ?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:07:41 GMT
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Rich Wagner <richmwagner@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious: Any statistics on how many people use Ant,

Not really.  Some information I have:

  dev@ant.apache.org
    Subscribers:    319
    Digest readers: 9

  user@ant.apache.org
    Subscribers:    995
    Digest readers: 73

> or at least how many times the current and previous versions of Ant
> have been downloaded ?

We currently don't collect this information (maybe we should).  Even
if we did, the picture would be rather blurred since we don't collect
this kind of information from our mirrors.

>From the statistics available I can see that Ant is constantly within
the top 5 projects downloaded from Apache (of course httpd is first
and then Tomcat and Xerces-J usually come out ahead).

And then you must not forget that many IDEs bundle some version of Ant
today and that people use JPackage RPMs or even get Ant bundled with
their OS installation these days ...

Stefan