ant-user mailing list archives

From Andre.Fleischer....@hermes-lg.de
Subject Antwort: RE: Antwort: Ant javac problem
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:01:13 GMT

Did you examine the verbose output ? (ant -v)

     "Neta Bar                                                                  Tal"
                                                                 <NETAB@Amd
                              An                     ocs.com>            "Ant Users List"
                                                          <user@ant.apache.org>
                             21.04.2004                                       Kopie
              15:28               <Andre.Fleischer.lsy@hermes-lg.de>
                                                      Thema
          RE: Antwort: Ant javac problem                                 Bi
                                                          tt
                            an
             tw                                                                         or
                                                                        te
                                          zu
                           "A
            nt                                                                         Us
                                                                        er
                                          Li
                           st
            "                                                                          <u
                                                                        se
                                                         r@
                                          an
                           t.
            ap                                                                         ac
                                                                        he
                                                         .o
                                          rg

Hi Andre,
First, thanks for the quick response.
Second this is my task:

<target name="compile_job" depends="local.init" description="compiling all
the java files">

                         <mkdir dir="${env.CCWPA}/classes/amdocs"/>
                         <javac srcdir="${env.CCWSCA}"
destdir="${env.CCWPA}/classes" fork="true"
executable="${env.JAVA_HOME}/bin/javac" memoryinitialsize="512M"
memorymaximumsize="512M" debug="off" debuglevel="lines,vars,source"
failonerror="false">
                                      <include name="**/*.java"/>
                                      <classpath path="${classpath}"/>
                         </javac>
                         <copy todir="${env.CCWPA}/classes/amdocs">
                                     <fileset dir="${env.CCWSCA}/amdocs"
includes="${web.files}" />

                         </copy>
                         <copy todir="${env.CCWPA}/bin">
                                     <fileset dir="${env.CCWSCA}/scripts"
includes="**/*.xml" />

                         </copy>
             </target>

I have 4488 files to compile, and only 796 classes generated.
When I try to compile each package in it's turn like the following example
I get much more classes generated.

<target name="compile_packages_job" depends="local.init"
description="compiling all the java files">

                         <mkdir dir="${env.CCWPA}/classes/amdocs"/>
                         <foreach list="${dynamics}" delimiter=" "
param="dir" target="run_compile"/>

                         <copy todir="${env.CCWPA}/classes">
                                     <fileset dir="${env.CCWSCA}"
includes="${web.files}" />

                         </copy>
                         <copy todir="${env.CCWPA}/bin">
                                     <fileset dir="${env.CCWSCA}/scripts"
includes="**/*.xml" />

                         </copy>
             </target>

<target name="run_compile" depends="local.init" description="compiling all
the java files">
                         <echo>dir is:${dir}</echo>
                         <javac  sourcepath="${env.CCWSCA}"
srcdir="${env.CCWSCA}/${dir}" destdir="${env.CCWPA}/classes" fork="true"
executable="${env.JAVA_HOME}/bin/javac" memoryinitialsize="1024M"
memorymaximumsize="1024M" debug="off" debuglevel="lines,vars,source"
includeantruntime="false" failonerror="false">
                                     <include name="*.java" />
                                     <classpath path="${classpath}"/>

                         </javac>

Do you have any suggestions??