ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Exec task in Ant 1.6.1
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:48:21 GMT
Hi Rhino,

Have you tried putting all your tasks in a script file (.bat on Win32) and
execute that script file from Ant?

Nick G.

"Rhino" <>
04/14/2004 09:36 AM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"
        To:     "ant-user" <>
        Subject:        Exec task in Ant 1.6.1

Is it possible for an Exec task in Ant 1.6.1 to execute two or more
commands in the same task?
I am trying to take something that I do at the Windows XP command prompt
and do it within an Ant script. Specifically, I do this:
- launch a Windows XP command prompt via Start/All
Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt
- enter the following at the command prompt: db2cmd [This initializes the
DB2 command line environment, making the next commands possible; they
don't work at a normal command prompt.]
- enter the following at the DB2 command prompt: db2 connect to sample
- enter the following at the DB2 command prompt: db2 comment on specific
procedure income_proc is 'xyz'
I've tried pretty much everything you could imagine to imitate this in Ant
but it never quite works.
Unfortunately, although there are some DB2 commands that don't need a
database connection before they will work, most DB2 commands *do* need a
database connection, including the commands that I need to run. I think I
need to get the connection and execute the command within the same task,
although I could be wrong about that; perhaps I could get away with
getting the connection in one task and then keep it open throughout the
next task, which could contain the next command.
Am I trying to do the impossible or have I just used the wrong technique?
I'd really appreciate any suggestions that would help me get this working.
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you're getting something for nothing, you're not using your own credit

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message