ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Embedded Properties
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:34:10 GMT
Hi Ivan,

That's an attractive solution.  Does the book explain why it's bad?

Nick G.

Ivan Ivanov <>
04/13/2004 03:26 PM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"
        To:     Ant Users List <>
        Subject:        Re: Embedded Properties

Hi Nick, Stefan and all we can do this also:
<property name="Lib.Name.Static" value="foo"
<property name="Lib.Name.Dynamic" value="bar"
id="Lib.Name.Dynamic" />
<property name="Lib.Name" refid="Lib.Name.${Type}" />

BUT, the Holy Book[1] says it is bad :))

HTH Ivan

[1] Java Delopment With Ant

--- wrote:
> Thanks Stefan.
> I considered using separate files, but that would
> make a mess for my
> intent.
> In a subsequent e-mail you mention that the
> <macrodef> task can eliminate
> the need for an external task (<propertycopy> in
> this case).  But in your
> description below, you reference <propertycopy> as a
> follow-up to
> <macrodef>.  Am I misunderstanding?
> Regards,
> Nick G.