ant-user mailing list archives

From Nick_Giana...@sybari.com
Subject RE: Assign new value to an existing property
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:46:16 GMT
Thanks Matt.

> rebuild with custom
> default.properties resource files in either or both of
> the oata.taskdefs and oata.types packages
I'd prefer to avoid rebuilding if possible.
I'm surprised there isn't some XML config/properties file that Ant can
consult when searching for unknown tasks.

Regards,
Nick G.

Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>
04/30/2004 12:41 PM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Assign new value to an existing property

--- Nick_Gianakas@sybari.com wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Now that you mention it, I wonder if someone has any
> suggestions as to not
> requiring the <taskdef> either.  Is there some Ant
> properties file I can
> edit to add external tasks so they don't have to be
> referenced explicitly
> in my build.xml?  My work is internal only so I'm
> not worried about
> distribution issues.

If you want to end up with a nonstandard Ant
distribution, you can always rebuild with custom
default.properties resource files in either or both of
the oata.taskdefs and oata.types packages.  There have
also been talks about performing automatic imports but
I don't currently recall the status of that.

-Matt