ant-user mailing list archives

From Srikrishna.Par...@wellsfargo.com
Subject RE: Format of Ant's version string ?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:58:35 GMT
Can you provide the full code as I am a newbie?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 10:45 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: Format of Ant's version string ?

The property ant.version contains the buildnumber and the compile-date.
I´d written a snippet for storing the individual infos as properties:

<project name="common-define-checkAnt">
    <scriptdef name="checkAnt" language="javascript">
        <![CDATA[
            importClass(java.text.SimpleDateFormat);
            importClass(java.util.Locale);

            // String evaluation of 'ant.version' string
            // e.g: 'Apache Ant version 1.6beta3 compiled on December 5
2003'
            string   = project.getProperty("ant.version");
            version  = string.substring(string.indexOf("Ant version")+12,
string.indexOf("compiled on")-1);
            compiled = string.substring(string.indexOf("compiled on")+12);

            // Get the compiled date: 'December 5 2003'
            dateParser = new SimpleDateFormat("MMM d yyyy", Locale.US);
            compiledDate = dateParser.parse(compiled);

            compiledYear  = (new
SimpleDateFormat("yyyy")).format(compiledDate);
            compiledMonth = (new SimpleDateFormat("M")
).format(compiledDate);
            compiledDay   = (new SimpleDateFormat("d")
).format(compiledDate);

            project.setNewProperty("ant.version.number", version);
            project.setNewProperty("ant.version.compiled", compiled);
            project.setNewProperty("ant.version.compiled.year",
compiledYear);
            project.setNewProperty("ant.version.compiled.month",
compiledMonth);
            project.setNewProperty("ant.version.compiled.day", compiledDay);
        ]]>
    </scriptdef>
</project>

<project>
  <import file="define-checkAnt.xml"/>
  <checkAnt/>
  <echoproperties prefix="ant.version"/> </project>

Jan