ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Zafarano" <mzafar...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Installshield issues
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:41:49 GMT
Hi,

Where is this located on their site?

I looked everywhere and could n to find it. Also, I called them and they did not know anything
about this standalone executable.

-mez

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Kevin G. Crocker [mailto:KGC@rsssolutions.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, October 14, 2003 6:44 AM
To:	Ant Users List; Ben Pracht
Subject:	RE: Installshield issues

InstallShield has a standalone executable designed specifically for
things like Ant builds.

Within ant you do:

<exec dir="${tempsetupsdir}" executable="${installer}">
	<arg line="-p MyProject.ism -b ${tempsetupsdir}\MyProject"/>
</exec>

I think it is available for download from their site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Pracht [mailto:bpracht@zcloud.net]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 4:45 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Installshield issues

I'm trying to automate as much of the build process for our product as
possible, ideally eliminating all gui's.  I've been able to automate the
build for our Installshield files, with some limitations since I don't
know that much about Installshield.  Is there anyone who's used Ant to
do IS stuff, particularly IS 6.3 Pro?  I'd like to know which files are
source files to IS, and which files are created by IS as part of it's
build/packaging/transformation process.

Thanks in advance,
Ben P