ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Riboe" <jens.ri...@ribomation.com>
Subject Embedded Maven or Maven Light???
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:52:47 GMT
Hi,

I have started to messing around with maven.
The repository idea is brilliant and the site generation with all these reports
are very healthy for the ego.

However, every time I try something new, I found my self browsing around chasing
some non-existent or partial documentation, wasting hour after hour.
In addition, I don't really buy the 'one artifact per project' idea.

So, I wonder if I'm alone or there are anybody out there fealing the same,
that Ant should be extended with some of the Maven features.

What I really would like to see is a mavenfileset, similar to the example below
<mavenfileset url="${maven.repo}" cachedir="${maven.local}" >
    <include groupid="${xyz.groupid}" artifactid="${xyz.id}" version="${xyz.version}"/>
</mavenfileset >

Has anybody already implemented something like this?
Comments?

Kind regards,
    Jens Riboe