ant-user mailing list archives

From "White, Jeffrey" <JWh...@knighttrading.com>
Subject Newbie; Sending VC++.NET build output to cmd window
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:00:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm using the exec task to run devenv.exe to build MS Visual C++ solutions and projects. I
would like the output messages of these builds to go to a file AND to the cmd window from
which the ant target was called. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Here's what I'm doing now, which only outputs to the specified file and does not appear in
the cmd window:

<exec dir='.' executable='devenv'>
    <arg line='../../Solution.sln /build debug /project ${ant.project.name} /out ${output.dir}/${ant.project.name}_log.txt'
/>
</exec>

If I use the following (with the "/out ..." argument omitted) the ouput still does not appear
in the cmd window:

<exec dir='.' executable='devenv'>
    <arg line='../../Solution.sln /build debug /project ${ant.project.name}' />
</exec>

However, if I manually type the command that the above code generates, the output is directed
to the cmd window.

So, to quickly restate the question: How do I get build output to the cmd window AND to a
file?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff White

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and any
copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  The sender therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Knight Trading Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of all e-mail
communications.