ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Wagner" <>
Subject Format of Ant's version string ?
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:07:18 GMT
I've written a simple utility to find the "version.txt" file in the
"ant.jar" of a given Ant installation, and the utility looks for the:

line in the "version.txt" file.  So far, I know that "<something>" can be of
the forms:

where "x", "y" and "z" are integers.  For instance, I've seen "1.5" and
"1.6.1", among others.

However, are there other possibilities I'm not aware of ?  For instance, for
beta releases (which I've never downloaded personally), is the string
something like "x.y.z beta" ?

Or could there be other variations, like "1.6.1a" ?

Please let me know, so that I can have confidence that my version string
finder/parser is coded correctly...

Thanks in advance,
Rich Wagner

Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Multiple plans available.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message