ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Javac problem in Ant 1.6.1
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:14:10 GMT
I canĀ“t see any problem. Maybe there are old (non-debug-compiled) class
files
in ${RDS.bin.dir}. So a delete of that dir could help.

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 4:08 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Javac problem in Ant 1.6.1

I'm having a problem with the javac task in Ant 1.6.1. Even though I have
debug set to 'on' and debuglevel includes the 'lines' argument, I get
(Unknown Source) in my stacktrace for that module when an exception is
detected.

Here is my task:
<javac srcdir="${RDS.src.dir}" destdir="${RDS.bin.dir}" compiler="modern"
fork="yes"
includes="${package}/IncomeClient.java, ${package}/IncomeProc.java"
verbose="yes"
debug="on" debuglevel="lines, vars, source" deprecation="yes"
description="Compile client and procedure."/>

Here is my stacktrace; the last line is one of the modules compiled in the
task above:

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:45)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception.<init>(DB2Exception.java:72)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGe
nerator.java:275)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_SQLException(SQLExceptionGe
nerator.java:212)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_return_code(SQLExceptionGen
erator.java:463)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.<init>(DB2PreparedStatement.java:6
12)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.<init>(DB2PreparedStatement.java:6
80)
at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.prepareStatement(DB2Connection.java:600)
at notlogged.IncomeProc.getIncomeByHomeCountry(Unknown Source)
As you can see, I'm not getting any line numbers for the module which I
compiled via the javac task.

I researched this in Google and couldn't find any reasons for not seeing
line numbers in a stacktrace other than the failure to request debugging
information during the compile. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug
in the javac task?

I'm using Ant 1.6.1 on Windows XP.

Rhino
---
rhino1 AT sympatico DOT ca
"If you're getting something for nothing, you're not using your own credit
card."